log2

[6/30/2013 11:30:52 AM] Dr Robertson: [This makes me Moist Von LipWig]
[6/30/2013 11:43:49 AM] Scurvyj: #003 emerges from the meeting room with a Ron Perlman-esque scowl and a few crushed bits of cell phone (he goes through those about as fast as the Dr. goes through peons) clinging to the palm of his massive, meaty hand. Taking a moment to calm himself (by #003 standards), he reaches over to shut off the TV before turning around to address the room
[6/30/2013 11:47:37 AM | Edited 11:50:11 AM] Scurvyj: “Alright guys, we’re going to split you up based on the vans you came here in. Team Tequila, where are you?” There’s a brief show of hands from the mooks who arrived in the other van. He motions them over and slaps a map of the building on the table. “You guys have the office wing. Not so much risk up here, but they might be after files, financial info and the like, so stay sharp! Find your number on the map and get your asses over to your assigned patrol points.” The mooks all scramble over to the table, and, with a great deal of sighing, repeating himself, hand puppet use, and occasional pimp-slapping on the part of #003, the mooks are eventually organized and on their way to the respective patrol points. #026 is left in charge of them, probably more from senority than any actual ability.
[6/30/2013 11:50:00 AM] Scurvyj: “Whiskey Warriors!” #003 grins, showing his teeth in the manner of a shark. “It’s your lucky day, boys! You’ve got the production wing with me.”
[6/30/2013 11:51:07 AM] Scurvyj: He slaps another map on the table, and you can hear the collective gulp throughout the room as each person gingerly steps over to check his/her assigned patrol point.
[6/30/2013 11:51:52 AM] Dr Robertson: [Considering I can read, care to detail where I’m located?]
[6/30/2013 11:52:03 AM] Dr Robertson: [Just in case it has any significance of sorts]
[6/30/2013 11:53:54 AM] Boozlebub: 865 is going to meander over to the map. To the less trained eye, 865 appears to be studying the map intently, at least vaguely. Anyone spending more than a moment looking at him will notice that the look on his face is akin to a dog staring at a ferris wheel.
[6/30/2013 11:54:40 AM] Boozlebub: He continues to pet Hopsy the Happy Bunny, “It’s almost paytime, Hopsy!!!”
[6/30/2013 11:55:08 AM] Scurvyj: Coincidentally (and totally NOT for the sake of convenience), the three of you are fairly close to one another, and in a decent spot—the catwalks above the massive mixing vats. You’re arranged in a triangle, each with your own entrance door to keep an eye on (a front door, a back door, and a maintenance elevator)
[6/30/2013 11:56:08 AM] Boozlebub: A small stream of drool drips from 865’s lips as he stares.
[6/30/2013 11:56:21 AM] Scurvyj: #003 highly suggests you set up some cover and keep out of sight—the better to set up a nice little ambush—before hiking a thumb back in the direction of the production wing.
[6/30/2013 11:57:59 AM] Boozlebub: 865 goes to grab all of the cushions from the couch and sets up a couch fort.
[6/30/2013 12:02:11 PM] Scurvyj: Team Tequila, 15 mooks strong, heads toward the production wing, #003 in tow, with a mixture of giddy excitement and pants-shitting fear. As you enter the hallway with the big windows, you notice that there doesn’t seem to be any activity on the production floor. #003 breathes a sigh of relief. “Thank god those idiots finally evac’d everyone like I told them to,” he mutters.
[6/30/2013 12:03:29 PM] Scurvyj: The lot of you make your way to the production wing, some of you on the ground level, some of you on the catwalks, the obligatory guy with the rifle perched up on the control room. #003 takes the most upfront, obvious position between the two entrances.
[6/30/2013 12:04:51 PM] Scurvyj: [Okay guys, I need to whip up some characters, so you’ve got a bit of time for RP and setup before we get this party started.]
[6/30/2013 12:04:55 PM] Boozlebub: #865 tries to think of where would be the best place to set up his couch fort where he is stationed.
[6/30/2013 12:05:47 PM] Scurvyj: Mooks are moving around crates and barrels, arguing over them like an old married couple argues about furniture placement in a new house
[6/30/2013 12:07:33 PM] Scurvyj: #865, you find a nice, shadowy corner in which to construct your crude couch cushion fort. You find that the two railings help reduce the wobbliness of the whole thing, and you finally manage to get it set up to the point where it doesn’t fall down as long as you hold still and don’t breathe too much
[6/30/2013 12:11:27 PM] Boozlebub: #865 is sitting in his couch cushion fort, cuddling Hopsy the Happy Bunny. If he were visible, there would be a notable thousand-yard stare.
[6/30/2013 12:15:43 PM] Dr Robertson: #347 will try to find something that will logically create cover, while not looking like cover. Barrels or creates would be the key thought, but if this factory has something that seems incospicuous, he’ll suggest the three of us put it to use in some way.
[6/30/2013 12:16:48 PM] Dr Robertson: We could also barricade the doors, which will force them to either climb over them, or hide behind them. The idea is for the barricades not to supply cover, such as a lumber arranged to be a hurdle.
[6/30/2013 12:17:08 PM] Dr Robertson: Additionally, we could devise a trap to force the elevator door open, so they can’t retreat and are caught like mice.
[6/30/2013 12:17:45 PM] Dr Robertson: #347 ask #003 what the factory does. Given the map details mixing vats, we could probably do that old school slapstick comedy trick of the bucket of liquid perched over the door.
[6/30/2013 12:23:08 PM] Scurvyj: [Hold on, DrRobertson. Excellent questions, which I’ll get to as soon as I finish these characters.]
[6/30/2013 12:24:48 PM] Dr Robertson: [It’s all good my man!]
[6/30/2013 12:28:21 PM] Dr Robertson: [I’ve recently realized I’m a Rules Lawyer, it is what it is. However, I’ve really only played 3.5 and Pathfinder. I don’t know any of the Feng Shuei rules, and don’t want to, so I can’t Rules Lawyer.

Anyway, the idea is to set up what 3.5/Pathfinder refer to as “Difficult Terrain” which causes you to use up twice the amount of spaces to move one space.

Ideally, I want to force their mouths open, jam the beer funnel in, and pour shitty Bacardi 151 down their throat holes. All while they have no way to escape.]
[6/30/2013 12:32:13 PM] Scurvyj: [Feng Shui is a lot more fast and loose with combat, but I might assign them penalties to things or bonuses to yours if they stumble into traps. Also, no maps in FS; everything is like an action movie set, so you can just make stuff up within reason if it’s appropriate to the scene, and if it’s cool, I’ll give you bonuses for doing so.]
[6/30/2013 12:32:49 PM] Dr Robertson: [Oh, I gathered that much. I more so meant knowing the piece of shit I am, I exploit rules.]
[6/30/2013 12:33:52 PM] Dr Robertson: [Sadly I was never this way, but I once had a DM who fucked me and the party so hard, I switched sides and have enver looked back.

It leaves me slightly empty on the inside, but at least now I know when i can say "yea, that’s not how it works. I’m not even sorry!]
[6/30/2013 12:35:24 PM] Scurvyj: [Feng Shui is not great for rules lawyering, but it’s fantastic for power gaming, and power gaming is actually heartily encouraged.]
[6/30/2013 12:36:31 PM] Scurvyj: #347 spends a lot of time setting traps and barricading. He studies the mixing vats very closely, hoping to somehow rig them up Home Alone style, but is sadly disappointed to find that they’re much too huge, and also bolted to the floor.
[6/30/2013 12:39:28 PM] Scurvyj: [Hey, #865 and #347, give me a couple of MND rolls to see how good you do at setting up cover and rigging traps, respectively.]
[6/30/2013 12:40:52 PM] Boozlebub: [6+6+1-1 – so 12+MND – 16?]
[6/30/2013 12:41:27 PM] Scurvyj: [Holy crap, you’ve got some good luck!]
[6/30/2013 12:41:49 PM] Boozlebub: [Figures I’d kick this roll’s ass. Just wait, the fumble train’s gonna fuck me over at the worst possible time]
[6/30/2013 12:42:59 PM] Scurvyj: Ben Benderson comes in and starts wringing his hands and making little tut-tut noises of protest when he sees you guys rearranging his production wing and turning his factory floor into a military barricade
[6/30/2013 12:44:22 PM] Scurvyj: “Ummm… excuse me? Sir, could you—no, please, not the storage barrels. They just passed their 5-year inspect—please, be careful on the catwalks! That’s a potential liability iss—sir, are those barricades really…”
[6/30/2013 12:47:04 PM] Boozlebub: What’s that, Hopsy? Yeah, that dumb-dumb should be happy we’re here. No… No Hopsy, that would be fun but not nice.
[6/30/2013 12:50:09 PM] Dr Robertson: [1-6-2+5=-2. I’m so fucking mad right now, these rolls are really pissing me off.]
[6/30/2013 12:50:30 PM] Scurvyj: “Now, I don’t mean to be rude, but we’re…” #003 whips his head around, and Benderson falters, but continues to spit out what he’s going to say, albeit with a minimum of eye contact, “…we’re already going to be behind schedule as it is for shutting down the floor tonight, and I just, I’d really feel more comfortable if you would all just try to…”
[6/30/2013 12:51:38 PM] Scurvyj: [Tough luck, man.] As he’s talking, the rope on one of #347’s cleverly-placed rolling barrel traps slips, sending a line of barrels tumbling down a set of catwalk steps, right in the direction of Benderson.
[6/30/2013 12:52:36 PM] Dr Robertson: #347, realizing that he just can’t execute what he wants looks over at Mr.B “Hey Ben, I’m really not in a good mood right now. I usually have a hard time controlling my rage, and it’s all being spent on dealing with these traps and trying to survive to pay off my debts. It’s real taxing, and you adding your inane comments and worries is only wearing what little patience I have left thin. I suggest fucking off, for your own good”
[6/30/2013 12:53:26 PM] Dr Robertson: [This will work beautifully if he’s hurt. No one will ever know if I intended to do it or not, haha!]
[6/30/2013 12:54:09 PM] Boozlebub: #865 chuckles while holding his baton… Who #865 has decided is named Bashington.
[6/30/2013 12:54:39 PM] Dr Robertson: [I picture him as the old caretaker in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzsbZ3oem3Y

“But I need these baskets back!”]
[6/30/2013 12:56:06 PM] Scurvyj: [+2, -3, Martial Arts - 1 = 11] #003 grabs Benderson by the collar and pulls him out of the way in the nick of time. He gives you a dirty look, and calmly turns to Benderson. "Sir, the floor is being secured, and my men will clean up whatever mess we make." He looks pointedly at #003, "I'll quality-check everything myself, you have nothing to worry about. You should go to the lounge, get a cup of coffee, and lock the door, it's under control here."
[6/30/2013 12:56:52 PM] Scurvyj: [His moustache isn’t nearly as cool.]
[6/30/2013 12:57:59 PM] Scurvyj: #003 sets Benderson down and he dusts himself off, with a “well I NEVER” hmph! “Remember, your department is liable for any damage you cause here today!” and he walks off, muttering about workplace responsibility.
[6/30/2013 1:00:59 PM] Scurvyj: #003 turns to you, about to rip you a new one, but suddenly, in mid-chew-out, you all hear the “pfft” of a silenced handgun
[6/30/2013 1:02:41 PM] Scurvyj: You guys look around and see Benderson lying in a spreading pool of his own blood
[6/30/2013 1:03:09 PM] Dr Robertson: “I fuckin told him!”
[6/30/2013 1:03:52 PM] Scurvyj: [Let’s get initiatives, gentlemen.]
[6/30/2013 1:04:24 PM] Dr Robertson: Right before, #347 turns to #087 and #865 and makes this face: http://i.imgur.com/UYpzx.gif
[6/30/2013 1:04:50 PM] Dr Robertson: [What do we roll for Initiative? Reflex right?]
[6/30/2013 1:06:16 PM] Scurvyj: [Roll a single d6 and add your REF. Don’t reroll 6’s on this one.]
[6/30/2013 1:06:39 PM] Boozlebub: [5+4 – 9]
[6/30/2013 1:08:08 PM] Scurvyj: [Foxy isn’t on, but he goes at a 10]
[6/30/2013 1:09:10 PM] Dr Robertson: [4+4 = 8]
[6/30/2013 1:09:49 PM] Dr Robertson: [Maybe I’ll get good rolls during combat. Hell, that’s where I can really use them!]
[6/30/2013 1:09:55 PM] Scurvyj: [And just so you know, shot counter is here in case anyone forgets]
[6/30/2013 1:09:56 PM] Scurvyj: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/mook-to-mastermind/wikis/main-page
[6/30/2013 1:11:26 PM] Scurvyj: You all see a flash of movement out of the corner of your collective eye, as something drops from the ceiling, and a small metallic streak.
[6/30/2013 1:12:43 PM] Scurvyj: [Let’s see who’s the target. You guys better hope I don’t roll a 1, 2, or 3…]
[6/30/2013 1:13:09 PM] Boozlebub: [Believe me, I am.]
[6/30/2013 1:13:42 PM] Scurvyj: You guys hear a wet gurgle as #272 goes down with a spectacular arterial spray as his throat is slashed open.
[6/30/2013 1:14:27 PM] Dr Robertson: Well fuck!
[6/30/2013 1:16:24 PM] Scurvyj: [#087’s up. Foxy’s not here, so I guess I’ll take his turn.]
[6/30/2013 1:17:21 PM] Scurvyj: #087, immediately whips out his lime green Rossi 851 and blind fires in the direction of the barrel where #272 got slashercized
[6/30/2013 1:18:42 PM] Scurvyj: [+3, -2, Guns = 7, -2 for cover = 5] His bullet pings off the barrel and goes ricocheting in some random (thankfully non-fatal) direction.
[6/30/2013 1:21:08 PM] Scurvyj: [We’re still on Shot 10] #936, the temp who was hired because Dr. Stitch needed some additional summer help, calmly raises the silenced Walther PPK in his hand and takes a shot at one of you with a wry smile on his face
[6/30/2013 1:21:26 PM] Dr Robertson: [So, how does the guns work? I’ve got the revolver, 8/2/9]
[6/30/2013 1:21:59 PM] Scurvyj: [8 damage, 2 concealability, 9 bullet capacity. Revolvers take 6 shots to reload, so keep that in mind.]
[6/30/2013 1:23:56 PM] Scurvyj: [I rolled a 12 to see who's targeted; thankfully, it's none of you guys. +3, -5, Guns = 9. Just good enough.] #112 suddenly has a hole between his eyes where there was no hole before, and he goes down.
[6/30/2013 1:25:00 PM | Edited 1:25:13 PM] Scurvyj: #936 dramatically rips off his mook helmet, revealing a handsome British man with slicked-back brown hair and a sardonic smile. “Bund. Jim Bund.”
[6/30/2013 1:31:02 PM | Edited 1:31:07 PM] Scurvyj: [#865, you’re up.]
[6/30/2013 1:31:33 PM] Boozlebub: [Didn’t know if 003 went before me or not per the counter – okay]
[6/30/2013 1:33:41 PM] Scurvyj: [Nah, my house rule is that I let PC’s go first, always. If there’s a tie between PC’s, then we compare Spd.
[6/30/2013 1:36:39 PM] Boozlebub: #865 sees the men dropping, the life-blood escaping their bodies… nearly breathlessly whispering “no… no…” #865 shifts his body, his head barely popping out from his cover. Almost lapsing back into old habits, he levels his gun at the identified threat. He has Hopsy held near to his chest and he pulls the trigger, hoping the round finds its mark in Bund’s dumb dumb chest.
[6/30/2013 1:37:55 PM] Boozlebub: [5-1+Firearms – 9]
[6/30/2013 1:39:39 PM] Boozlebub: [of course, minus whatever penalties for cover required]
[6/30/2013 1:50:21 PM] Scurvyj: Mr. Bund flicks the helmet at you, causing you to mess up your shot at the last second. Once again, the bullet goes ping, but this time, it smashes into one of the windows, making a nice, big spiderweb pattern in the glass.
[6/30/2013 1:51:31 PM] Scurvyj: With a mighty bellow, #003 charges at Mr. Bund, intending to flying tackle him to the ground and squeeze the life out of him.
[6/30/2013 1:54:08 PM] Scurvyj: [+3, -3, Martial Arts = 12. Just good enough.] Mr. Bund is stuck in the middle of his suave posing and taunting, and, too late, realizes that #003 is bearing down on him like a frustrated black bear during mating season. They both fall to the metal-grated floor with a clunk and a series of loud cracking sounds.
[6/30/2013 1:54:26 PM] Scurvyj: [#347, you’re up.]
[6/30/2013 1:58:41 PM] Dr Robertson: #347 look at Bund and takes his shot.
[6/30/2013 2:00:05 PM] Dr Robertson: [5-3+Firearms – 10. I suppose I won’t shoot at Bund, considering he’s wrestling with #003 on the floor. Nameless mook it is!]
[6/30/2013 2:00:24 PM] Dr Robertson: [I actually rolled 8, my mistake]
[6/30/2013 2:00:33 PM] Scurvyj: [Wait, what? There are no enemy mooks just yet.]
[6/30/2013 2:00:34 PM] Dr Robertson: [Meaning the total is 8]
[6/30/2013 2:00:55 PM] Dr Robertson: [Oh, alright then. If I can get the shot off on Bund I’ll go for it.]
[6/30/2013 2:01:12 PM] Dr Robertson: [I just don’t want to hit #003]
[6/30/2013 2:01:14 PM] Scurvyj: You fire at Bund, but it’s hard to get a clear shot because of #003’s considerable girth getting in the way.
[6/30/2013 2:01:39 PM] Scurvyj: [Good call; if you fumbled that shot, being the nice guy I am, I would have asked for a Fortune check to not hit #003 :D]
[6/30/2013 2:02:00 PM] Dr Robertson: [Wait, my mistake again, total is 7. Sorry, running on little sleep]
[6/30/2013 2:02:42 PM] Boozlebub: [I imagine that Friendly Fire is an especially bad thing since we’ve already had one plant]
[6/30/2013 2:03:57 PM] Scurvyj: [It’s all good.] You see a black streak rush from behind the barrel where poor #272 met his end. A lithe, female form, tumbling through the air with the grace of a gymnast, flicks a razor-sharp throwing knife at someone mid-flight. Her eyes are steely and focused, like the gaze of a serpent. This is not another knock-off character name!
[6/30/2013 2:06:32 PM] Scurvyj: [11 on the target check, the Mook Gods are with you guys so far. +5, -5, Martial Arts = 13. Yep, he's dead, Jim.] The blade finds its way right up the tear duct of poor #812, giving him an orbital lobotomy. Looks like someone else to be joining the Dr. Stitch Very Special Friends Halloween Pageant this year!
[6/30/2013 2:07:01 PM] Scurvyj: I’ll be nice and say the ninja is still in mid-air, in the middle of moving from one cover to another
[6/30/2013 2:09:54 PM] Scurvyj: [#087 is up again, and is going to take a shot at the ninja.] #087 gives his revolver a cool twirl before taking a shot at the female ninja with a Zen-like sociopathic calmness.
[6/30/2013 2:11:38 PM] Scurvyj: [+2, -5, Guns = 4] Sadly, he forgets to stop the twirl before pulling the trigger, and the bullet severs the rope on a large stack of empty pallets, which slide in various directions, smashing into control panels and tumbling into the big mixing vats, sending scalding-hot medicine mix splashing in all directions.
[6/30/2013 2:12:59 PM] Scurvyj: Bund, who’s struggling to breathe under #003’s massive girth, tries to judo chop him in the neck to get his oversized assailant off of him.
[6/30/2013 2:13:40 PM] Scurvyj: [+1, -5, Martial Arts = 7. Nope, not gonna do it.] The chop thunks off #003 collarbone harmlessly, and it only pisses him off and makes him squeeze harder.
[6/30/2013 2:14:09 PM] Scurvyj: [Now it’s #865, #003, and finally, everyone’s favorite, the other mooks.]
[6/30/2013 2:14:41 PM] Scurvyj: [Guys, make your actions, I’m gonna take a little break to get some food.]
[6/30/2013 2:15:21 PM] Scurvyj: [#347, you can write what you plan to do next shot, since no enemies go in between all of the people on your side. This is it—time for you guys to make your comeback!]
[6/30/2013 2:16:30 PM] Boozlebub: #865 turns his attention to the ninja floating seeming timeless in the air… The bodies strewn about, the death all about… Just like Free for All Friday at the Orphanarium… “Not… again. no…t… AGAIN!” he shouts as he pulls the trigger at that ninja bitch.
[6/30/2013 2:16:49 PM] Boozlebub: [Oh… oh my… FIRST BOXCARS!]
[6/30/2013 2:17:22 PM] Dr Robertson: [What are boxcars again?]
[6/30/2013 2:17:25 PM] Boozlebub: [Seriously, 2 sets of boxcars?!]
[6/30/2013 2:18:25 PM] Boozlebub: [Two 6’s…. Okay… With two sets of boxcars, 5-3+Guns… 7 – This… is bad, isn’t it?]
[6/30/2013 2:19:18 PM] Boozlebub: [Fuck. I liked 865.]
[6/30/2013 2:43:59 PM] Scurvyj: [Boxcars means double 6’s]
[6/30/2013 2:44:53 PM] Scurvyj: Sorry, #865, you’re gonna plug some poor person at random. Roll me a number between 1 and 14 to see who it is.
[6/30/2013 2:45:12 PM | Edited 2:45:45 PM] Scurvyj: [Hope it’s not 1-3. 1 means you shoot yourself. 13 and 14 would be good.]
[6/30/2013 2:45:49 PM] Boozlebub: [HOLY crap, 14.]
[6/30/2013 2:47:04 PM] Scurvyj: [You completely miss the ninja, the bullet pings off one of the big mixing vats and, lo and behold, ricochets back and flies at her from behind. I’m imagining that the action slows down and zooms in on the bullet as it does this, perhaps while “Flight of the Bumblebee” plays in the background.]
[6/30/2013 2:47:33 PM] Scurvyj: [I’m going to let you roll ANOTHER Firearms check, and since she’s unaware, you get to shoot against a Martial Arts of 0 for a surprise attack.]
[6/30/2013 2:47:50 PM] Dr Robertson: [Holy fuck]
[6/30/2013 2:49:02 PM] Boozlebub: [6+4-5+ Firearms is 10. These dice are going to be the death of me or save me completely…]
[6/30/2013 2:50:13 PM] Boozlebub: [gonna change them out… they’re rolling erraticly far too well.]
[6/30/2013 2:51:34 PM] Boozlebub: [Want me to reroll that one? Seemed far too good.]
[6/30/2013 2:51:48 PM] Scurvyj: [Let’s see… Bobcat Damage 8 + Guns Outcome 10 – Toughness 6 = 12 damage. Dude, you hit harder than #003 did with his tackle!] The ninja is in the middle of a backflip with a twist, and the richocheting bullet smashes right into her calf, ruining her trajectory and sending her sprawling to the ground. Her eyes lock with yours and narrow dangerously…
[6/30/2013 2:52:21 PM] Boozlebub: [EEEEPS!]
[6/30/2013 2:52:36 PM] Boozlebub: {Wait, why was that actually OOC] EEEPS!
[6/30/2013 2:53:01 PM | Edited 2:53:07 PM] Scurvyj: [Very much a good news/bad news situation.]
[6/30/2013 2:55:41 PM] Scurvyj: #003 tries to close his giant fist around Bund’s face and slam his head into the metal grating. Bund wisely elects to squirm around and otherwise elude #003’s iron grip [active dodge]
[6/30/2013 2:55:57 PM] Boozlebub: [when I die, someone please pour a pill cup of whiskey out for your fallen homey]
[6/30/2013 2:56:37 PM | Edited 2:56:50 PM] Scurvyj: [+5, -4, Martial Arts = 13] Bund puts up a good fight, and manages to slip out of #003's grip time and time again, which only makes him more frustrated and angry
[6/30/2013 2:59:44 PM] Boozlebub: [I think #865 made a new friend who wants to give him huggles with her knives.]
[6/30/2013 3:00:12 PM] Scurvyj: [And now for the mooks…] “Hey, #865 did something right for a change! We can’t let him show us up!” one mook shouts in a gravelly voice that sounds like it belongs to a New York taxicab driver. “He’s right! Let’s hose this hose beast!” The room is filled with the sound of eight caps popping in tandem (by which we mean the guns, though it has been a while since some of these guys have seen any females in this close of proximity).
[6/30/2013 3:01:31 PM] Dr Robertson: #347 muses how the ninja is rather dangerous, though #003 could use a hand. [Rolling low for Bund, high for Ninja – 1, Bund it is!]
[6/30/2013 3:03:18 PM] Dr Robertson: #347 decides to give #003 a hand, and fires at Bund, well knowing the risk he’s taking. [5-6-2+Firearms – 2]
[6/30/2013 3:03:41 PM] Dr Robertson: [Fuck this d6, this dirty cunt will be thrown in the fucking trash if it keeps acting up. You’ve got one more chance you twat]
[6/30/2013 3:04:17 PM] Scurvyj: [1, 6, 7, 5, 6, 3, -1, 5… about what we expected] Even though the ninja is on the ground and relatively helpless, the bullets ping uselessly off of various pieces of scenery, smashing into windows, blasting through delicate electronics, whizzing by the ears of various allies, and in one case, smashing #087’s cup of coffee (which he’s still holding on to for some reason).
[6/30/2013 3:04:46 PM] Scurvyj: [DrRobertson, give me a Fortune roll. Since it’s 0 for you, roll a positive and negative and hope you roll positive.]
[6/30/2013 3:07:05 PM] Dr Robertson: [Fuck this d6, never again for Feng Shuei. 1-6-4
[6/30/2013 3:07:09 PM] Dr Robertson: -9
[6/30/2013 3:07:25 PM] Scurvyj: As you’re doing this, the ninja breaks out a three-section staff, seemingly from nowhere, and whirls it around impressively, trying to trip two mooks in one go and knock them out non-fatally
[6/30/2013 3:08:01 PM] Dr Robertson: [At least I have 12d6 for when I need to roll shit. Time to move on, if I’m still alive]
[6/30/2013 3:08:27 PM] Scurvyj: Oops, you accidentally hit #003 in the confusion and scuffle, as if he doesn’t have enough reason to be mad at you already. [Roll another Guns check, against his Martial Arts 0 for being surprised.]
[6/30/2013 3:09:13 PM] Dr Robertson: [New dice, don’t fail me now! 5-3+Firearms – 7]
[6/30/2013 3:09:17 PM] Boozlebub: [Ohhh… oh…. Oh dear…]
[6/30/2013 3:10:42 PM] Dr Robertson: [Well, at least the rolls are better so far.]
[6/30/2013 3:11:15 PM] Scurvyj: [Targeting roll is 5 and 12, again, nobody important, +5, -1, -2 for multitarget, Martial Arts = 16] #313 and #371 are tripped by the whirling three-part staff, both flying backwards, whacking their heads on the sides of the catwalk, and going night-night.
[6/30/2013 3:12:45 PM] Scurvyj: Realizing the threat that the ninja represents, and not wanting to friendly-fire #003 again, #087 aims very carefully at the ninja [aiming action, 1 shot for a +1 to next Guns check.]
[6/30/2013 3:12:58 PM] Scurvyj: [#865, you’re up again.]
[6/30/2013 3:16:31 PM] Scurvyj: [Just lemme know if you guys are planning to sleep soon. The reason the shot counter’s on the wiki is so we can resume later if need be.]
[6/30/2013 3:16:44 PM] Boozlebub: #865 is in flat out panic-mode now. He’s having flashbacks of his time in the Orphanarium, times he shot other “students” execution style, seeing his dear friend beaten to death as he held Timmy down. Reflexively, 865 shoots at the Ninja, hoping to slow down her movement towards him.
[6/30/2013 3:17:05 PM] Boozlebub: [yeah. This may be my last action tonight…]
[6/30/2013 3:17:25 PM] Scurvyj: [It’s all good. We’re winding down to the end of the sequence anyway.]
[6/30/2013 3:17:58 PM] Boozlebub: [You will not believe this... At all... +6, +5. -3. So 13 total]
[6/30/2013 3:18:27 PM] Boozlebub: [I think I’m borrowing all of your luck, DrRobertson.]
[6/30/2013 3:20:45 PM] Boozlebub: [Ya know what – I gotta end this streak. Scurvyj, if you wanna roll for me instead of this stupid luck streak, I say strike that roll and roll one yourself]
[6/30/2013 3:26:05 PM] Dr Robertson: [I’ll probably do another action, then head to bed
[6/30/2013 3:29:09 PM] Scurvyj: [Just BARELY good enough! 8 Damage – 6 Toughness = 2 Damage.] Your second shot grazes her shoulder, and there’s another collective cry of jealousy from the assembled mooks.
[6/30/2013 3:30:10 PM] Scurvyj: #087 continues to aim, his psychotic focus making you all wonder if he took Adderall before going on this mission. [aim again, up to +2 now]
[6/30/2013 3:30:43 PM] Scurvyj: #003 gets Bund in an armbar, wrenching his shoulder painfully.
[6/30/2013 3:31:47 PM | Edited 3:32:27 PM] Scurvyj: [+2, -2, Martial Arts = 12, so Damage 11 + 1 - 7 Toughness = 5 Damage] Bund screams but continues to hold on. He reverses his PPK and tries to pistol-whip #003 across the side of the head with it.
[6/30/2013 3:32:55 PM] Scurvyj: The pistol gleams in the dim factory lighting just before it comes down. [It’s Fortune time, fools!]
[6/30/2013 3:34:11 PM] Boozlebub: [+2-1 - 1]
[6/30/2013 3:34:33 PM] Scurvyj: [+2, -3, +4, Martial Arts = 14, Damage 8 + 2 - 12 Toughness, ah... no.] The pistol whip strikes home, but thunks off the side of #003's abnormally thick skull.
[6/30/2013 3:36:13 PM] Scurvyj: [Okay, I’ll resolve the mook barrage, then I think it’s time for us to call it a night.]
[6/30/2013 3:36:26 PM] Scurvyj: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!” (blamblamblamblamblamblam)
[6/30/2013 3:38:20 PM] Scurvyj: [10, 7, 5, -2, 7, 6, all at the ninja, alas, to no avail.] And once again, the bullets start ricocheting around, doing as much property damage as possible, one of them nearly hitting the guy with the rifle up in the control room.
[6/30/2013 3:40:18 PM] Dr Robertson: [damn]
[6/30/2013 3:40:23 PM] Scurvyj: [Guys, you’re lasting WAY longer than I expected you to. We’re gonna call it a night. #347, feel free to think about your next action and post it between now and tomorrow whenever you’re ready. #087, if you sign on, you can also pick your next action whenever. I’m gonna spend some time with the lady. Great game, gents!]
[6/30/2013 3:40:49 PM] Dr Robertson: #347 Is going to shoot at the ninja, hopefully to far more success.
[6/30/2013 3:41:11 PM] Boozlebub: [Awesome. Holy shit, wow. Pure badassery here.
[6/30/2013 3:41:22 PM] Dr Robertson: [5-4+Firearms = 6. Oh well, still better than last time]
[6/30/2013 3:41:31 PM] Scurvyj: [All things considered, this has been one knock-down, drag-out fight. Certainly wasn’t expecting this to go past one sequence.]
[6/30/2013 3:43:59 PM] Scurvyj: The bullet flies through the air, and once again, we go a to Bullet Cam™ of the bullet flying at the ninja, dead on target, only to be knocked away at the last minute in slow motion by the tri-section staff. The bullet smashes into the camera, the impact coalescing into the words: “TO BE CONTINUED
[6/30/2013 3:45:16 PM] Scurvyj: NEXT TIME, ON MOOK TO MASTERMIND! The Whiskey Warriors find themselves locked in a desperate battle against two Silver Dragon infiltrators. With team members dropping left and right, will they make it out in one piece? Stay tuned to the next episode!
[6/30/2013 3:45:28 PM] Scurvyj: [Night, guys.]
[6/30/2013 3:52:32 PM] Dr Robertson: [Goodnight!]
[7/1/2013 6:45:24 AM] Scurvyj: [Foxy, I'm giving you the chance to make your final, hopefully awesome, shot, before I resolve all the NPC actions and we roll up a new sequence. Remember that you can aim up to 3x, so it might be better to squeeze out another +1 before you shoot.]
[7/1/2013 6:46:58 AM] Scurvyj: [If I don’t see anything by the time I finish work tonight, I’m just gonna roll it myself. Also, you guys can roll up intiatives for the new sequence if you want.]
[7/1/2013 5:18:08 PM] Scurvyj: Mr. Bund squirms out of #003’s arm bar, claps his hands twice, and shoves them palm-first into #003’s chest. You smell burning ozone as electricity crackles from the gloves, arcing into #003’s exposed skin.
[7/1/2013 5:24:08 PM] Scurvyj: [Fortune again! +2, +4, -1, Martial Arts = 16, success. #003 shrugs off the 12 damage, but tragically, he blows his Toughness check vs. Difficulty 10 by 1, so he's at -1 impairment for the rest of the sequence.] #003 grunts in surprise as the electricity courses through his body. The area reeks of burning chest hair.
[7/1/2013 5:26:38 PM] Scurvyj: “NOW!” Bund screams, and, once again, the camera zooms in on Serpent Gaze’s eyes. She starts to whirl the staff around her body in different angles, each independent section spinning at a slightly different speed. She tumbles across the floor with a series of no-handed cartwheels, which ends in a corkscrew, staff outstretched, to maximize momentum, as she attempts to smash #003 in the back of the skull.
[7/1/2013 5:32:59 PM] Scurvyj: [+2, -1, -2 for called shot, Martial Arts = 12, which is good enough to hit. I'm gonna cut his Toughness in half for a shot to the head, so 10 - 6 = 4 damage.] She smacks #003 with a good shot, causing his head to rock forward a bit.
[7/1/2013 5:38:35 PM] Scurvyj: He draws one of his combat knives and takes a savage swipe at his new assailant with one hand while still throttling Bund with the other
[7/1/2013 5:39:38 PM] Scurvyj: [+1, -2, Martial Arts = 10, not good enough.] She nimbly twists her body out of the way of his attack, heading in the direction of more cover
[7/1/2013 5:41:14 PM] Scurvyj: However, before she gets there, #087 suddenly straightens up, and, before pulling the trigger, mouths something that might be “This is for my coffee cup, bitch.”
[7/1/2013 5:45:20 PM] Scurvyj: [+6, +6, +4, -2, +3 aim, Guns = 22! If only Fox was here to see how awesomely his character just rolled…] Once again, we go into Bullet Cam™ as the ninja turns her head, starts to twist out of the way of the bullet just a second too late, and gets blasted in the side of the ribs. [9 damage + 9 outcome – 6 Toughness = 12 Damage!]. You see a good-sized splash of blood as she’s flung out of her jump trajectory and lands on the ground in the middle of the group.
[7/1/2013 5:45:57 PM] Scurvyj: [Oh, my god, she’s almost at impairment!]
[7/1/2013 5:46:37 PM] Boozlebub: [OOOOOOOHHHH! Nice! – Oh, yeah, My Initiative is at 8]
[7/1/2013 5:47:13 PM] Scurvyj: [Fuuuuck, dude… guess I need to pull out all the stops next sequence]
[7/1/2013 5:48:04 PM] Scurvyj: #003 can’t help but beam with pride, realizing that this ragtag group of losers is faring way, WAY better than he could have ever anticipated.
[7/1/2013 5:51:02 PM] Boozlebub: #865 sees the ninja get tossed around like a ragdoll, and his death grip on Hopsy the Happy Bunny loosen a little, going from “rigormortis” to “tense clutching”.
[7/1/2013 5:52:18 PM] Scurvyj: [Bund rolls a 6, +1 for Fast Draw (forgot to add that in last time) = 14, #003 gets an impressive +6, for a total of 13, Serpent Gaze gets shafted with a +2 = 9, and the mooks are too busy staring slack-jawed at you guys to get any higher than a +1 = 5.]
[7/1/2013 5:53:11 PM] Boozlebub: [And my anus just clenched just a little tighter there…]
[7/1/2013 5:54:31 PM] Scurvyj: Bund, realizing that his lovely companion is in trouble, springs into action, acting just a hair faster than #003, who is pissed at finally getting hurt. Serpent Gaze is barely able to keep her feet, and the mooks kinda hang back and decide to let you guys handle it, only doing the bare minimum of work to keep from being 865’d when they get back to the compound
[7/1/2013 5:55:08 PM] Scurvyj: [Foxy and DrRobertson, feel free to roll 1d6 + Ref for initiative whenever you’re ready.]
[1:06:56 AM] Dr Robertson: [7 Initiative]
[5:37:36 AM] Scurvyj: [Awesome. Fox, you’ve got until I finish work today before #087 goes on auto-pilot again.]
[5:39:20 AM] Dr Robertson: [He’ll probably be on auto-pilot while in New York. As an aside, today is Canada Day, so I’ll probably be out for a while]
[5:40:07 AM] Scurvyj: [Okay, no problem. Hopefully we’ll keep #087 warm for him until he gets back. Also, Happy Canada Day!]
[5:41:52 AM] Dr Robertson: [Thanks, it’s rather splendid! because I live in Toronto, we do sweet fireworks. As a kid, my family friend had a boat so we’d watch from the lake.]
[5:42:04 AM] Dr Robertson: [It was Pride Parade yesterday, I fucking love my city: http://i.imgur.com/q2M29F0.jpg]
[6:25:15 AM] Boozlebub: [Man, seeing that just makes me smile and warms my heart, man. Happy Canada Day, too!]
[6:48:58 AM] Scurvyj: [Agreed; that is one festive phallus.]
[6:52:29 AM] Scurvyj: [Alright, Fox joined the OP site, I gave his character sheet to him, he’s going on a 10. We’ll pick this back up in a day or two. Enjoy the summer, guys!]
[10:44:07 AM] OhFoxy: [I will be on auto-pilot, so if I’m not keeping pace (and I feel like I’m not) please feel free to leave me near a banana peel and a vat of acid or something. Once I’m back at the desktop and not moving from town to town I’ll gladly join]
[1:46:33 PM] Dr Robertson: [Some of the fireworks from today: http://imgur.com/a/QOLM8]
[1:46:48 PM] Dr Robertson: [Sorry: http://imgur.com/a/QOLM8 ]
[5:08:36 PM] Scurvyj: [Fox, no problem. DrRobertson, awesome fireworks!]

log2

Mook to Mastermind scurvyj