log3

[7/5/2013 1:53:51 PM] * Scurvyj added Thelonious Alsquatch III *
[7/5/2013 5:04:50 PM] Scurvyj: Bund reverses his pistol, jams it into #003’s mouth, and uses it the way it was intended to be used
[7/5/2013 5:06:54 PM] Scurvyj: [+2, -5, Guns = 8... blam and a miss.] #003 grabs his arm and jerks it out of the way long before the shot goes off. With Bund's arm now extended out, he twists his wrist and uses the palm of his other hand and to smash behind Bund's elbow
[7/5/2013 5:10:40 PM] Scurvyj: [+1, -3, Martial Arts = 10... god, my NPCs are sucking this sequence] Bund yanks his arm out of #003's grip before he has a chance to lock his fingers in, and the Grappling Match That Never Ends continues on, with Bund gritting his teeth, growling, "jus' hol' still an' die, ya scabby minger!" in a bad Scottish accent, and attempting to point-blank #003 YET AGAIN
[7/5/2013 5:11:56 PM] Scurvyj: [+2, +2, Guns = 11; the incompetence continues...] Bund has the gun ripped from his hands, and just because I feel like it, #003 tosses it away, where it falls into one of the big mixing vats.
[7/5/2013 5:14:36 PM] Scurvyj: [#087 and #098 are up] You guys notice that #098, who’s been shooting like shit this entire time (let’s just retcon this and say he’s the guy who jumped over the barricade and started pistol whipping the shooting range target, as I described earlier), throws his crappy revolver aside and whips out a pair of batons.
[7/5/2013 5:16:16 PM] Scurvyj: [Gentlemen, I’ll give you guys until I wake up tomorrow morning to declare your actions. I imagine Fox is still on his trip, so somebody can take over #087 for the time being if he doesn’t post in time… let’s say first come, first served.]
[7/5/2013 5:16:56 PM | Edited 5:23:28 PM] Scurvyj: [By the way, for our new arrival, I post the shot counter on the wiki, and I try to update as I go, so we don’t forget who’s going on what. http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/mook-to-mastermind/wikis/main-page ]
[7/5/2013 9:16:00 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: #98 twitches like a junkie as he steps forward and smile real big like you never really see anyone do, especially in the heat of battle. He looks as if he is going to speak but all he says is "AHHHH!!!" as he runs in a circle for a moment before going off in a random direction swinging his batons generally at face-level, perfect teeth bashing height. [Flipped a coin: tails] His nonsense rampage sends him towards Serpent's Gaze, still swinging his batons like a chimp on PCP.
[7/5/2013 9:17:09 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [+6, -1, +5 +Martial Arts = 17]
[7/5/2013 10:02:06 PM] Scurvyj: [Oh yeah, and it also bears mentioning that I generally let PC’s go first in case of a tie, and if multiple PC’s are on the same shot, we go in order of your mook rank :) ]
[7/5/2013 10:09:44 PM] Boozlebub: [Who’s up first this round?]
[7/5/2013 10:14:07 PM] Scurvyj: [#087, #098, and #003 on Shot 10. Serpent Gaze on Shot 9. #865 and Bund on Shot 8. #374 on Shot 7. Other Mooks on Shot 5. Boozlebub, if you’re bored, just go ahead and play Foxy’s turn.]
[7/5/2013 10:14:16 PM] Scurvyj: [I think he’ll still be on his trip for a bit.]
[7/5/2013 10:17:03 PM] Boozlebub: [Gotcha. I’ll think of what to do – If you beat me to an idea, it’s all good.]
[7/5/2013 10:17:39 PM] Scurvyj: [I’m studying flashcards right now, so knock yourself out. Well, preferably, try to knock one of your opponents out.]
[7/5/2013 10:19:00 PM] Boozlebub: [Okay – doing my sorta sick day sorta day off for the holiday today, so I have some time…]
[7/5/2013 10:26:43 PM] Scurvyj: [I’m about to hit the sack, so post it up and I’ll resolve it in the morning.]
[7/5/2013 10:26:47 PM] Scurvyj: [Later!]
[7/5/2013 10:27:27 PM] OhFoxy: [I’m back at my place on the 8th]
[7/5/2013 10:33:38 PM] Boozlebub: [Good good. Foxy, you want me to take your turn? Or you wanna take it quickly now? Again, I don’t wanna step on anyone nuts here]
[7/5/2013 10:37:04 PM] OhFoxy: [Please take it, I haven’t had a chance to read up to where we are at.]
[7/5/2013 10:37:31 PM] Boozlebub: [Can do, man. Hope you’re having fun on your trip!]
[7/5/2013 10:38:46 PM] OhFoxy: [Fun and loathing.]
[7/5/2013 10:46:45 PM] Boozlebub: 087 quickly scans the surrounding around Serpent Gaze. Sure, it’s a pretty generic factory and all, and then he sees it. Of course being StitchCo, let’s just say that OSHA standards are not entirely maintained very well. At all. So we have a ninja whose footing is… well, not too stable, a railing that has been “patched” using aluminum foil, and the big old vat of “chemicals” and “science” below. For some reason there’s some heavy piece of instrumentation held by chains – again quite precariously. So he’s going to try to use the machinery to squish her by shooting the chain, but he’s actually wishing that it will set up a Rube Goldbergesque Mousetraplike chain of events where she dodges out of the way, crashes through the railing on the catwalk, and play Joker for a bit.
[7/5/2013 10:48:28 PM] Boozlebub: [Feel free to contradict any which may not apply, Foxy.]
[7/5/2013 10:53:57 PM] Boozlebub: [Just damn it all, I want one of these fuckers to get full immersion into “medicines” of dubious quality]
[7/5/2013 11:29:43 PM] DrRobertson Robertson: [#347 entirely concurs]
[7/6/2013 4:42:29 AM] Scurvyj: [Oh, my word. Looks like someone's finally getting back into the spirit of Feng Shui, because this is a pretty damn cool action description. I'm giving you a +1 to hit on this, and if it works, additional awesome may take place.]
[7/6/2013 4:45:31 AM] Boozlebub: [New Dice +6. +3, -2. So Dice roll is 8 with the bonus. - Looks like it resolves at 15.]
[7/6/2013 5:05:42 AM] Scurvyj: [So, normally that would be 9 + 2 – 6 Toughness = 5 damage, but I’m gonna double it because of the nature of the stunt, so 10…] The bad news is, Serpent Gaze will not be taking a chemical bath just yet. What happens is you shoot a random chain hanging over her head, which happens to be one of the ones holding a rickety lighting rig in place. As the ninja gets to her feet, she locks eyes with you (remember your previous hit), flips her staff a few times until it coils around her waist and looks like an especially weird belt. Then, she slowly, and dramatically draws her sword.
[7/6/2013 5:09:39 AM] Scurvyj: First she glares at you, then at #865, then draws her thumb across her neck in an intimidating motion, just as the lighting rig drops into the chemical vat, sending up a big tidal wave of scalding chemicals at her. She shrieks out as the melted material makes contact with her flesh, and as she drops to her knees, letting her sword skitter to the ground, she starts screaming and clawing at herself. Her once-perfect skintight ninja outfit is now covered with burnt holes, through which you can see a light dusting of fresh burn blisters.
[7/6/2013 5:11:11 AM] Scurvyj: [Welp, that’s impairment.]
[7/6/2013 5:11:32 AM] Scurvyj: [She didn’t get a chemical bath, but I opted for a chemical shower instead.]
[7/6/2013 5:11:53 AM] Boozlebub: [Well, it was a hope.]
[7/6/2013 5:12:45 AM] Scurvyj: [Observation #1: Lucky die rolls are WAY more important in a low-powered Feng Shui game.]
[7/6/2013 5:13:31 AM] Boozlebub: [DEFINITELY. We would have been toast 5x over if it weren’t for that. Both with actually doing damage AND not getting plugged, too.]
[7/6/2013 5:13:34 AM] Scurvyj: [Even in Feng Shui, I wouldn’t have been able to justify that as being anything but fatal, so I had to alter it a bit. Still okay, right?]
[7/6/2013 5:14:19 AM] Boozlebub: [it works. It was a HOPE at best.]
[7/6/2013 6:53:20 AM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [Oopsie. Guess I’ll have to come up with something else but it might be a bit since I’m at work now.]
[7/6/2013 6:55:29 AM] Scurvyj: [What do you mean? Remember that she's now at -34 Wound Points. See, if Boozlebub's attack had done just ONE more point of damage, I would say she'd have to take the plunge. As it is now, she's barely clinging to life.]
[7/6/2013 6:56:10 AM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [I just meant because I moved out of turn.]
[7/6/2013 7:58:54 AM] Scurvyj: [No, you’re still going on your proper turn. You’re on the same shot as #087, but he outranks you. Remember that Boozlebub is running #087 until Fox comes back.]
[7/6/2013 8:03:25 AM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [So what I already posted will resolve as if I had posted in proper order? I haven’t done play by post in years and I’m still getting the hang of it again…]
[7/6/2013 8:05:15 AM] Scurvyj: [Yeah, we can shift the space/time continuum if need be.]
[7/6/2013 8:06:30 AM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [Or I can just do something else. Up to you.]
[7/6/2013 8:07:03 AM] Scurvyj: [Just post, and we’ll figure it out.]
[7/6/2013 8:50:12 AM] Scurvyj: [Ah, I missed that part of the scrollback. Sorry ‘bout that.]
[7/6/2013 8:51:54 AM] Scurvyj: [So that means you’re going to bash Serpent Gaze in the face right after she’s been splashed by the medicine goop.] The ninja looks up just in time to see #098, who’s looking a bit peppier than usual, swing his batons straight at her face.
[7/6/2013 8:54:36 AM] Scurvyj: [Outcome 4 + Str 5 + 3 – 6 Toughness = 6 damage… yeah, that’ll do it.] Your combined assault catches her completely off-guard. and #098’s attack sends her through the badly-patched metal railing, which collapses in a burst of shattered aluminum and masking tape (couldn’t even spring for duct tape, the cheap bastard). She flails her arms wildly, taking one last, pleading look at Bund before plunging into the vat of lord knows what.
[7/6/2013 8:54:49 AM] Scurvyj: [Just for the heck of it, let me make some teensy calculations here…]
[7/6/2013 9:01:42 AM] Scurvyj: [I'm gonna classify this as something similar to "soaked in gasoline and set on fire"... and let's just make a quick roll here... +3, -3, that's a -14 Death Check, so nope, no crawling out of that vat and swearing revenge for those who made her a twisted mockery of her former self for this one.] You hear one last scream as she plunges into the vat, her hand displaying a firm middle finger to the sky before it sinks along with the rest of her, to be yet another "special ingredient" in the latest batch of StitchCo Cherry Surprise Throat Lozenges.
[7/6/2013 9:03:41 AM] Scurvyj: #003 takes advantage of Bund's moment shock and trauma that will haunt him for the rest of his life, to repeatedly elbow smash him in the face.
[7/6/2013 9:05:53 AM] Scurvyj: [+2, -2, Martial Arts = 12, 12 - 7 = 5 damage... yeah, that's gonna sting a bit.] As he screams "SASHAAAAAAA!!!" he cuts off mid-scream into a stream of curse words due to a now broken nose.
[7/6/2013 9:07:59 AM] Scurvyj: Just then, everyone hears a loud BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! as the entire complex shakes. The main lighting cuts off, leaving everything in total darkness for a brief moment. You hear a sharp, gutteral grunt and the pattering of footsteps. As the emergency lighting kicks in, you notice that Bund is gone.
[7/6/2013 9:08:58 AM] Scurvyj: “DAMNIT!!!” #003 bellows. “THEY MUST HAVE TAKEN THE OFFICE WING!!!”
[7/6/2013 9:10:01 AM] Scurvyj: He whips out his StitchLink, which, as you know, is his personal connection to Dr. Stitch that he’s only allowed to use when things get really, REALLY heavy.
[7/6/2013 9:10:36 AM] Scurvyj: “SIR! They’ve infiltrated the office wing! Permission to initiate Plan B Protocol?”
[7/6/2013 9:10:38 AM] Boozlebub: #865 stares into the vat, seemingly mesmerized by the swirling colors as well as the blood into the mix. Hopsy the Happy Bunny is in the front of the Overalls of his uniform, seemingly giving FAR more weight than it should given the strain on the straps.
[7/6/2013 9:11:08 AM] Scurvyj: Dr. Stitch sighs heavily on the other end, and you hear his voice, full of chirpy, but mentally unhinged, cheeriness. “Proceed.”
[7/6/2013 9:13:27 AM] Scurvyj: (Soundtrack is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCGvONbVCa0 )Suddenly, the whole place lights up with flashing red lights and loud alarm bells. You hear the very, very faint sound of rapid gunshots in the distance.
[7/6/2013 9:14:12 AM] Scurvyj: #003 shuts off his commlink, pacing back and forth for a bit and seeming very conflicted about it. “Plan B might trip ‘em up… but what if they… damnit, I’m already in a world of shit for this as it is…”
[7/6/2013 9:14:50 AM] Boozlebub: #865 scurries into his Couch Cushion Fort.
[7/6/2013 9:15:30 AM] Scurvyj: He looks up at the 9 of you, the ragtag group that held this part of the inflitration off far, far better than he could have ever imagined. “These guys have an exit plan, count on it. If we try to chase ‘em through the building, they’re probably going to get away from us. I have a better idea.”
[7/6/2013 9:15:53 AM] Scurvyj: He sighs heavily, then motions for everybody to follow him to a seemingly normal wall on the edge of the factory zone
[7/6/2013 9:16:52 AM] Boozlebub: #865 grabs one of the cushions from his fort and bring it along, following #003.
[7/6/2013 9:17:02 AM] Scurvyj: Reaching into his combat vest, he pulls out his employee I.D. badge. “This is about to get really intense, so if any of you wanna back out, go back to middle of the factory floor now and knock yourself unconscious, and I’ll cover for you later.”
[7/6/2013 9:18:14 AM] Scurvyj: The other 5 mooks stand resolute, ready to follow #003 into the heart of an active volcano if need be, because they know that he’s the only upper management type who really gives a crap about them.
[7/6/2013 9:19:48 AM] Scurvyj: He finds the embossed StitchCo logo on the wall, and swipes his card across the mouth, causing the eyes to light up with an unwholesome red light. You hear a recording of Dr. Stitch’s voice, which ominously chirps, “Won’t you come in?” before the wall panel starts smoothly sliding out of place.
[7/6/2013 9:20:25 AM] Scurvyj: #003 looks at the group and smiles with his trademark wolfish grin. “Medicine ain’t the only thing they make here, boys.”
[7/6/2013 9:22:48 AM] Scurvyj: Behind the sliding panel, there’s a long corridor lit with long, flickering florescent bulbs. At the end of the corridor is a massive door that reminds you of the army hangars you’ve seen in various bad Hollywood movies. #003 silently swipes his keycard again, gives a thumbprint and a retinal scan, and waits a split second before the massive door starts to slide open, with an ominous cranking of gears and various mechanical parts
[7/6/2013 9:23:13 AM] Scurvyj: And let’s through some hydraulics in there for the heck of it
[7/6/2013 9:23:16 AM] Scurvyj: *throw
[7/6/2013 9:26:26 AM] Scurvyj: As you enter an area that looks like a high-tech, futuristic showroom for cars, #003 motions to a set of exactly 4 motorcycles. They have a sleek, shiny black finish, and each one has two seats: one smaller front seat for the driver, and a larger back seat equipped with a swiveling mounted machine gun.
[7/6/2013 9:27:08 AM] Scurvyj: The front of each motorcycle is decorated with a giant molded likeness of Dr. Stitch’s face, which gives them a rather horrific appearance, like something out of Maximum Overdrive
[7/6/2013 9:28:39 AM] Scurvyj: “Gentlemen, say hello to the Stitchcycles.” He then motions to a much larger motorcycle, likely built to his own specifications. “And the Stitchcycle XL.” The future of mobile mook technology has arrived.
[7/6/2013 9:29:50 AM] Scurvyj: [Now, there’s 10 of you, and not-so-coincidentally, 5 cycles. Each person can either be a driver or a gunner. You guys can specify which, and also if you request to be teamed up with anyone (if you don’t specify, I’ll just place you randomly). Once again, choose wisely; THERE MAY BE BONUS SKILL AWARDS DEPENDING ON YOUR CHOICE. Good day!]
[7/6/2013 9:34:32 AM] Boozlebub: “I’m not allowed to drive, am I?” #865 says with a forlorn voice. He really has no clue how to use any motorized vehicles, so he climbs in the back, still having Hopsy in his front straps like a demented Baby Bjorn. The gun side looks easier… Just trigger and stuff.]
[7/6/2013 9:35:48 AM] DrRobertson Robertson: “no, you most certainly aren’t” says #347, who hops into the driver seat. He hasn’t driven in a very long time, probably since he was 17 and use to cruise the strip, that seemed like a lifetime ago…
[7/6/2013 9:37:03 AM] Boozlebub: [Really, it’s two sides of horrible… Either have him operating and driving, OR give him a gun. Either way, it sounds like a bad idea.
[7/6/2013 9:41:11 AM] Boozlebub: #087 stares longingly at the back… A gun that sexy is simply one that can not be passed up. “Who’s drivin’?” he asks as he checks out his amazing machine gun… Sitting in the back, he crosses his legs against the back ledge of the Stitchcycle, taking another quick swig out of a small flash he smuggled into the operation.
[7/6/2013 10:10:28 AM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: Leaps over #87 and lands in the driver’s seat. He immediately begins knawing on one of the handlebars.
[7/6/2013 10:11:33 AM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [Sorry about the short post. I have two more hours of work.]
[7/6/2013 10:13:09 AM] DrRobertson Robertson: “hey #98, how good are you at driving? I think logically we should spread ourselves evenly so as to increase the chance of survival. Trust me, I’m all one for dying and such, but I’ve got loans to pay, and really don’t need that on my consience”
[7/6/2013 10:15:12 AM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: Glares back and continues chewing, making happy sounds.
[7/6/2013 10:16:08 AM] DrRobertson Robertson: “well #865, it looks like it’s you and I.”
[7/6/2013 10:32:15 AM] Boozlebub: “Yaaay!” #865 shouts enthusiasticly, all the while swiveling the little turret back and forth and back and forth…
[7/6/2013 10:33:00 AM] DrRobertson Robertson: #347 stands up, walks over to #87, and drains his flask, then hands it back to him
[7/6/2013 10:35:34 AM] Boozlebub: That’s the spirit, #347! Nothing like getting all liquored up and going for a spin. By the way. YOU OWE ME."
[7/6/2013 10:36:14 AM] DrRobertson Robertson: “If we survive this, I suppose I can do something for you in my career field”
[7/6/2013 10:38:43 AM] Boozlebub: “I’ll hold ya to it!” #87 retorts. #865 is still happily spinning back and forth making mouth machinegun noises.
[7/6/2013 10:39:58 AM | Edited 10:46:54 AM] Scurvyj: [Cycle 1 (#098 Drive / #087 Shoot)
Cycle 2 (#347 Drive / #865 Shoot)
Cycle 3 (#596 Drive / #191 Shoot)
Cycle 4 (#351 Drive/ #956 Shoot)
Cycle XL (#963 Drive / #003 Shoot)]
[7/6/2013 10:42:06 AM | Edited 10:47:15 AM] Scurvyj: #087 and #347, you guys think back to your DRIVING classes. You don’t really drive much of anywhere anymore, the price of gas being what it is, but you remember how, if only vaguely. #098 and #865, you never really learned how; you usually just verbally abused people for rides, and besides, sitting in the machine gun nest makes you feel… INTIMIDATING.
[7/6/2013 10:42:32 AM] Scurvyj: [#087 and #347 will get a bonus Drive skill at +1, #098 and #865 get +1 Intimidation instead.]
[7/6/2013 10:43:27 AM] DrRobertson Robertson: [I like where this is going!]
[7/6/2013 10:44:06 AM] Boozlebub: [As do I. I look forward to using intimidate on some seriously fucked up ways]
[7/6/2013 10:46:43 AM] Scurvyj: [Oh, wait a second]
[7/6/2013 10:47:04 AM] Scurvyj: [Sorry, #098 and #087… my bad.]
[7/6/2013 10:48:45 AM] Scurvyj: [Swapped ya guys… for some reason I got “intimidating” in my head for #098, but actually, the idea of him behind heavy machinery is actually even more frightening. Also, I assume he’s driving with his teeth?]
[7/6/2013 10:50:00 AM] Scurvyj: [So Fox, you get Intimidation, Al, you get Driving.]
[7/6/2013 10:54:49 AM] DrRobertson Robertson: [I don’t know, Al did bite the wheel…I’d say he gets the intimidation!]
[7/6/2013 10:55:24 AM] Scurvyj: [I suck at multitasking today… anyway, give me those initiatives. Drivers and Gunners will act independently. Stitchcycles are made to be extremely user-friendly, so Driving rolls get a +2. Gunners don’t get a bonus to their attack roll, but you can go full auto and pretty much assume you won’t run out of ammo, so take advantage. For funzies, Stitchcycles have a Pep of +3 because they’re really lightweight, but their low-quality all-plastic construction means that they have a Wreck of N/A]
[7/6/2013 10:55:52 AM] Scurvyj: [Granted. Al, you can choose whether to have Intimidation, but that would mean driving the Stitchcycle untrained.]
[7/6/2013 11:46:15 AM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [Screw it. I’m intimidating.]
[7/6/2013 11:47:15 AM] Scurvyj: [Oh, dear lord. This just got a whole lot more interesting.]
[7/6/2013 11:52:01 AM] Scurvyj: [Also, scratch what I said about the +2 bonus to driving. Pep already gives you guys a +3 to your Driving scores, so let’s stick with that.]
[7/6/2013 12:05:53 PM] Scurvyj: [By the way, I just had to brush up on car chase rules because there’s a lot to remember; I made this page to help keep track: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/mook-to-mastermind/wikis/carchase ]
[7/6/2013 12:06:12 PM] Scurvyj: [I see one stunt in particular that might interest Al]
[7/6/2013 12:12:47 PM] Scurvyj: [Okay, I’ve got it set up; this is going to be a gigantic mess. Enjoy, everyone!]
[7/6/2013 12:15:32 PM] Scurvyj: [Also, if y’all have time, Al and DrRobertson can throw something in the Bio section of your character sheet, and maybe a picture. Fox can too when he gets back. Lemme know if you’re having trouble; I can throw it on if you send it to me, if all else fails, though you should eventually learn how to use it so you can maintain your own character sheets.]
[7/6/2013 12:15:52 PM] Scurvyj: [It doesn’t need to be a life story; a sentence or two will do fine.]
[7/6/2013 12:21:33 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [If I survive this, I’ll get right on it. Rolled a 4 for initiative so 9]
[7/6/2013 12:24:58 PM] Boozlebub: [4 on my roll for initiative.]
[7/6/2013 12:25:57 PM] Scurvyj: [So you rolled 4 on the dice, that means 8, right?]
[7/6/2013 12:26:53 PM] Scurvyj: [And Al, if you rolled 4 with Spd 4, that gives you an 8 also.]
[7/6/2013 12:28:10 PM] Boozlebub: [Yep, that’d be it!
[7/6/2013 12:34:35 PM] Scurvyj: [Someone can roll for Fox as well.]
[7/6/2013 12:37:00 PM] OhFoxy: [I’ll roll, what die?]
[7/6/2013 12:42:34 PM] Scurvyj: [Oh, sweet! Roll 1d6 and add your Ref.]
[7/6/2013 12:52:00 PM] Scurvyj: [Oh yeah, and just so you know, the plan is to take the Stitchcycles inside the building to see if you can still catch these guys. I hope that was clear.]
[7/6/2013 12:52:46 PM] Boozlebub: [There is NOTHING about this plan that I don’t think is awesome!]
[7/6/2013 12:52:58 PM] Boozlebub: [It’s an honor to be a part of it!]
[7/6/2013 12:54:55 PM | Edited 12:55:06 PM] Scurvyj: [Okay, when I get Fox and DrRobertson’s rolls, I can start narrating this, beginning with you guys taking off from the hangar-type area.]
[7/6/2013 12:55:40 PM] Scurvyj: [This will be a little wonky to run because they’ll still be on foot and you’ll be on vehicles, but whatever.]
[7/6/2013 12:55:47 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [I thought SPD was under body? If so, it is a 9. If not, my bad.]
[7/6/2013 12:56:22 PM] Scurvyj: [Nah, Move is under Body, but since you guys are in vehicles and not running, we’ll go with Spd.]
[7/6/2013 12:58:34 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [Ah. My mix up then.]
[7/6/2013 12:58:47 PM] Scurvyj: [Basically, it’ll start like a combat with the potential to go full chase scene… for now, the drivers can do Driving stunts like running people down, the gunners and guys on foot can do regular stuff.]
[7/6/2013 12:59:07 PM] Scurvyj: [No prob. I know it was confusing because last time we had people who could chase cars down on foot, fly, etc.]
[7/6/2013 1:00:02 PM] Scurvyj: [I love the fact that Obsidian Portal lets you save GMPC-only character sheets, so I don’t have to keep shuffling papers or Notepad files to keep track of these guys.]
[7/6/2013 1:00:46 PM] Scurvyj: [Oh yeah, if anybody wanted to loot the battlefield before we got to this point, we can retcon that in. I forgot about that all-important staple of RPGs.]
[7/6/2013 1:01:35 PM] Scurvyj: [There’s basically a bunch of shitty weapons and ammo, and (for people who were paying close attention) one extra-special weapon that someone might want.]
[7/6/2013 1:02:29 PM] OhFoxy: [Rolled a 3]
[7/6/2013 1:03:03 PM] OhFoxy: [Sorry, that isn’t with my ref.]
[7/6/2013 1:03:38 PM] Scurvyj: [For simplicity, I’ll assume you guys grab some ammo corresponding to your respective weapons. Fox, that means #087 goes on an 8.]
[7/6/2013 1:03:39 PM] OhFoxy: […Nor do I know where that is located. On that obsidian site?]
[7/6/2013 1:04:04 PM] Scurvyj: [Yeah. It’s under Ref, which is 5 for you. I should update you guys with full character sheets instead of the stubs I’m using now.]
[7/6/2013 1:12:16 PM] Scurvyj: [Okay, it’s done. Fox, character sheets are here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/mook-to-mastermind/characters ]
[7/6/2013 1:12:58 PM] Scurvyj: [DrRobertson, you still here? Go ahead and roll initiative. Someone else can do it if he takes a while.]
[7/6/2013 1:19:40 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: Retcon: #98’s strike was true and landed right on her lips, breaking nearly all of her front teeth in. As she flew backwards, he grabbed for her but only got hold of her weapon. When she hit the pool below, he considered diving in after her but simply groaned sadly, making slight hip thrust motions.
[7/6/2013 1:21:13 PM] Boozlebub: [Ohhh shit… Oh shit…I recognize those hip motions…]
[7/6/2013 1:21:58 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [The breaking of the teeth should have been a not-so-subtle signal too. ^^]
[7/6/2013 1:22:45 PM] Boozlebub: [Oh it was… ]
[7/6/2013 1:24:49 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [Rolled a 6 for his intiative.]
[7/6/2013 1:42:04 PM] Scurvyj: [Sweet; I’m sure he’ll be happy about that. And oh lord, I know exactly where this is going, Al, don’t think that I don’t.]
[7/6/2013 1:49:58 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [How could you know? I don’t even know yet.]
[7/6/2013 1:50:33 PM] Thelonious Alsquatch III: [I'm just starting in a familiar place. ^^]
[7/6/2013 1:51:56 PM] Scurvyj: [Hey man, at the end of the day, you guys build your characters however you’d like; that’s half the point of this game, really.]
[7/6/2013 1:54:53 PM] Scurvyj: You find the user interface on the Stitchcycles to be ridiculously, condescendingly user-friendly. It’s like Dr. Stitch hired a consultant from Fisher-Price to finalize the design. Everything is really big, blocky, clearly-labeled buttons, and everything you do makes all manner of beeping, binging, and bad digitized trumpet “ta-DA!” sounds.
[7/6/2013 2:00:12 PM] Scurvyj: As you play around with the controls, you find that random digitized samples of Dr. Stitch’s voice accompany certain actions. When the drivers, and especially, the gunners do well, they’ll find that the Doctor’s voice will heap assorted bits of praise on them, kindergarten-style. However, when you screw up, the machine gently reprimands you. #865, you, in particular, realize the applications of this, and have some nasty flashbacks to your days in the Orphanarium.
[7/6/2013 2:02:09 PM] Scurvyj: Anyway, you all power up your Stitchcycles, and the eyes of the Dr. Stitch busts on the fronts of the cycles start to glow an especially unwholesome red color. They don’t sound much like motorcycles starting up—more like tiny jet engines. Also, you notice a strange warmth coming off of them immediately after they power up, the kind of warmth that would normally take an hour or so of driving on a very hot summer day to build up.
[7/6/2013 2:05:04 PM] Scurvyj: Just as you’re about to take off, some peon in a dirty white lab coat comes stumbling out of a side room, looking every bit like he slept through the evacuation order. “HEY, WAIT! YOU CAN’T TAKE THOSE! THEY’RE STILL IN THE PROTOTYPE PHASE!!!” He, of course, is summarily ignored, and the force of the motorcycles tearing out of the R&D room is enough to send an stack of printouts flying in all directions, probably ruining a month or two worth of work for this guy.

log3

Mook to Mastermind scurvyj